Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Joyful

So the post have been a little heavy lately and I am choosing today to remember all the Joy I have had mothering my littles lately.

-Hannah informed me today that all the skater kids wear their skater shoes with the laces untied and tucked in. When she thought I wasn't watching she quickly untied her shoelaces and tucked them in. I guess she is a skater kid then.

-Mini miss tried to slide down her little slide sans clothing, her poor little bare bottom was red for quite a few minutes after that.

-Hannah sang herself horse practicing for her music program at school. I know have the Colors of the Wind song from Pocahontas stuck in my head. It was my sound track this morning as I tried despite Mini's attempts at destruction, to do a little organizing.

-Mini is starting to reach her language explosion, she is a little behind as far as her word count however it is so fun to see her face change and her lips wrap around different sounds as she creates new words. Today she kept signing and saying eat, "pease" and then really loudly as if that were not enough to draw attention to her desire for something delicious she starting shouting, "SNACK SNACK SNACK"

-Hannah loves journals. After finishing packing her lunch and placing it in her backpack I saw that her book bag has not, 1, not 2, but 3 different notebooks. When I asked her what they were for this was her response. 1 is for art and drawing, 1 is for practicing Math, and 1 is for writing. She was very matter of fact about it, like I should know that along with her thousands of other art papers, color books, supplies, that is it perfectly normal to also need 3 other notebooks for the aforementioned purposes. Duh.

-After sharing a tasty bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup and some applesauce, mini left the room and returned carrying her favorite blankie. She then reached her hands up to me, and promptly snuggled into my shoulder and fell asleep. Wrapped in her blanket and my arms.

I am blessed to be a mother to my sweet girls. Oh how the Lord has blessed me, his goodness is evident in the smiles of my beautiful blossoming 9 year old, and my sweet precious 19 month old. Oh how he loves me...May I always remember these sweet moments and never forget that this is why he has called me to a life such as this.

No comments: