Its snowing here in our usually rainy and wet state. Its nice. Its white and pure, and simple. I love watching Hannah play in the snow. I love that she would be perfectly happy just being in the snow. Enjoying the essence of the snow itself. I asked her what she loved most about snow today and this is what she said. That it is cold, it is beautiful, it is fun, and it is soft. So for those four reasons she is happily forgoing playing with any and all of her new toys and activities she received in order to play in the snow. No batteries needed. I don't have to supervise a special experiment to make it work. She can go and just enjoy herself. My favorite things about snow are this,
It makes even the ugliest areas of my yard beautiful
It is complete and equal in its covering
It is so quiet, but clearly present
It is almost too beautiful and bright to look at when the sun is shining as it falls
It is a perfect reminder of who my God is and how he loves me.
God makes even my ugliest parts of my heart beautiful
He is complete and equal in his love for his children, there is nothing that I can do that will make his love for me any more or less.
He is God, even in the quiet, even in the small still voice, HE IS
He is what I long for, yet his beauty and the beauty of who he is, and how he sent his son for a sinner like me, that kind of beauty and love is sometimes too beautiful to stare at head on. I don't deserve his love. I don't deserve his sacrifice and I am unworthy of the cross, yet the beauty of it is, it was done for those such as me. For a sinner, unworthy, imperfect, found to be lacking.
Thank you Father for the reminders of your Goodness. Thank you for the grace that you have freely given, Grace that cost you everything. Thank you for your sweet son, for his life, for his death on a Cross, so I could be pardoned and deemed worthy to be found. Father God, please use me God. Help me as I struggle with obedience. Help me as I am walking not in your truth but rather in the discouragement and hurt that this world brings. Lord please settle over me like the quiet snow Hannah enjoyed today. Cover me Lord, as I struggle through this season Lord, please cover me...
No comments:
Post a Comment